Friday, January 10, 2014

Some Points on Fertility

So a couple of days ago I shared that my DH (dear husband) and I were officially on the TTC (trying to conceive) boat.  If you can't tell my all of my posts on this blog I am one of those dive into research heavy types...things sort of become my "obsession" I am talking pinterest boards and all.  Now for now my pinterest board for the future Baby Brooks is set to private but eventually I promise I will share.....Now that I am back from that side ramble let me get to the real topic at hand points (or facts I have learned about fertility and TTC since we started this journey.



Learn how your body works
This one is a struggle for me because for well all of my life I have tried to learn the things to avoid a pregnancy.  Now I find myself trying to take cues from my body to figure out when the right time for making a baby is.  I find these two apps (Ovia Fertility and What to Expect Fertility).  These apps have tons of helpful information and different kinds of calendars/calculators that will help you keep track of when you are fertile/ovulating, when to test, and when your next cycle should start.

 Watch your weight
I know right this sounds like the fun police are trying to pull you over and write a ticket. But sadly it's so true!  Being at a healthy weight can help make your pregnancy healthier and will even give you a better chance of conceiving.  For me a good source of my weight gain can be alcohol! Which is something I had to cut out all together (since its a no no once we conceive).

Take Your Prenatals
Yes another thing that is frequently said but is something that is true.  Pre-Natal Vitamins should be taken before, during, and after pregnancy.  Trust and believe I have been taking this daily (gotta get my folic acid in!)

So these are just a few points I had on fertility and TTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment