Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Best Vegetarian Chili Ever!

So as promised I must share this delicious chili recipe that has absolutely no meat!  I know many of you are trying to start the year off right and this chili will help you do it!  I got this recipe from my favorite cooking blog Divas Can Cook.  It has tons of seasoning and tons of veggies and it is delish! Now before you look at list of ingredients and think its too much for you to try please know that this was super easy to make and it is well worth it!

Vegetarian Chili



Ingredients:

1 Zucchini (chopped)
1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
1 Small Onion (chopped)
2 TBS of minced garlic
1 Cup of Sweet Corn
1 Bag (12oz) Morning Star Meal Starters (Grillers Veggie Crumbles)
1 Can (14oz) Diced Tomatoes (I used Hunts brand Basil, Garlic, Oregano flavor) 
1 Can (14.5 oz) Whole Italian Stewed Tomatoes (chopped)
1 Can (15oz) Tomato Sauce (I used Hunt's Tomato Sauce Basil, Garlic, & Oregano)
1 Can (15 oz) Kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 Can (15 oz) Black beans, rinsed & drained
1 Can (15 oz) Garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
3 TBS Chili Powder
3 TBS Celery Flakes
1½ TSP Seasoning Salt
1½ TSP Ground Cumin
1 TSP Paprika
1 TBS Oregano
1 TBS Cilantro
2 TSP Sugar
1 TBS Parsley
2 TSP Thyme
1 TBS Basil
A few dashes of black pepper 

Cooking Instructions:
  •  Heat olive oil in a large pot.
  • Add in the vegetable crumbles. and chopped veggies.
  • Sauté on medium heat until the bell peppers are nice and tender.
  • Add the corn and cook for another minute.
  • Add the diced tomatoes, chopped Italian Stewed Tomatoes and tomato sauce.
  • Stir in the drained beans.
  • Stir until everything is combined.
  • Add in the spices.
  • Stir to combine.
  • Cover and bring to a boil.
  • Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.



  • Now I will be honest I had my bowl of chili with a side of cornbread (not so healthy huh?)  I has some left over from another meal and I just couldn't let it go to waste.  Although it probably wasn't the healthy option this chili pairs so well with it!

    Until next time!





     
     


    No comments:

    Post a Comment