Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Am I My Hair???

I know this is a much touched on topic but I feel like I need to put my spin on it. I did a big chop on my hair in March 2011 because I decided I to was ready to join the rest of the natural community. Since then I have experienced many trials and tribulations. To weave or not to weave? To color or not to color? And the biggest one of all to straighten or not to straighten. My journey has been an adventurous one filled with straight weaves, curly ones, short, long, kinky, Remy, silky you name it I have probably tried it. All of this to ask the final question of "Am I my hair"? I can honestly admit my hair is a huge driving point in how I am feeling on a particular day.....If it's long and straight I am feeling really chic. When its short and curly and in a fro-hawk I feel funky. So my question to you is....Are you your hair???? I have posted a few pics of my transition the first being me in August 2011with the last being right after my the big chop in March 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment