Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday Chic Spotlight: Angela S.

Okay so I am beyond excited about this week's Tuesday Chic Spotlight...talk about back to back fabulous style!  This week's feature is coming to us from Kansas City, MO (woot woot!) and is someone I think truly walks to their own beat.  Tuesday Chic:

{Angela S.}


On Hair...

What is your "Hair Anthem"?
"My hair anthem would definitely be “I do my thang” by Janelle Monae and Estelle, because it truly does whatever it wants. Lol."

What is your favorite hairstyle to rock and why?
"My favorite style to rock is an old, stretched out twist or braid out. It gives me that Diana Ross fierceness I adore!"

Give me three words you would use to describe your hair?
“Thick, kinky, and BIG!”

What have you been doing to maintain healthy hair?
"I try to have a healthy diet and drink more water primarily; I take multivitamins, and I try to keep my hair moisturized and well-conditioned. I also do not use heat on my hair. I’ve flat-ironed and blow-dried my hair twice since I’ve BC’d."

So, when and why did you decide to go natural?
"I have been natural two years and four months. I never intended to ‘go natural’. I initially stopped relaxing my hair because I was a broke college student who didn’t have the money to get my hair done at the salon and trimmed like I wanted, and I didn’t want to use a “box perm.” While straightening my own hair, a friend suggested ‘going natural’ and I began researching on Google and Youtube (I had already been watching several makeup vloggers), and started leaning towards ending my “creamy crack” addiction permanently. I hated the fact that I didn’t feel presentable or complete without straight hair. I’d avoid going out in public just because I saw a small amount of “new growth” in my hair, so I decided that it was time for me to accept and embrace my hair in its natural state."

What is the most unexpected thing you have experienced since becoming natural?
"The most unexpected thing I’ve experienced is, hands down, other women seeing me as an “inspiration.” It’s very humbling."

What advice would you give to someone who is newly natural or considering going natural?
"No matter how you wear your hair, ROCK IT WITH CONFIDENCE! Don’t let your hair to solely define you, and don’t define others by something that simply grows out of their head. It is JUST HAIR :)"

On Fashion and other things....

Give me one beauty product you cannot live without?
"My Ambi Even & Clear face moisturizer! Not only does it keep my skin hydrated, it evens its tone and has SPF 40 in it. We have to take care of our skin, ladies!"

If you had to pick what are the top three pieces in your wardrobe?
"Top three pieces in my wardrobe right now are: My Toms, large Bohemian earrings, and ALL of my maxi dresses. I’m obsessed. Lol"

What would you say your fashion style was?
"My style is predominately Bohemian Chic, with a hint of Hipster. I’m pretty simple."

While were talking about your personal style, if you had to choose what would you say your favorite bag and shoes are?
"My favorite bag is a stitched, color-blocked bag I found at Forever XII and my favorite shoes are my Rocket Dog combat boots!"

What is your favorite fashion trend of 2012?
"Hmm…I’m going to go with maxi dresses and color blocking. Maxi dresses fit my slim frame perfectly, and color blocking really allows you to step outside of traditional color relationships and be creative with your pieces."

And there you have it!  Angela is a pretty cool chick with GREAT hair! 

If you would like to be featured in the Tuesday Chic Spotlight Series simply send an e-mail to admin@allrelevantthings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment