Monday, August 20, 2012

4 Reasons I Went Natural


So I have been getting a lot of questions about my natural hair journey and why I decided to go natural so I decided to a a quick little post on why I decided to go natural...

One
I just thought that having textured hair was so versatile. If anyone knows me they know that I change my hair just as often as people change shoes. I just think that textured hair allows me to have the best of both worlds...one day I wake up and want it big and curly and the next week I may want to wear it straight the styling possibilities are pretty endless.

Two
I have been known to wear a weave or two (who am I kidding I spent most of my adult life in a weave). I had gotten so many back to back sew ins by the time I looked up I was "due" for a relaxer.  At that point I was all in.

Three
I am just as random as the weather and for the most part when I decide to do something it's usually in the moment.  So while sitting at work one day I decided after work I was going to do the big chop and that day I did it!

Four
Unlike some people I have no problem saying that I has some influence from those around me.  At the time I was surrounded by five friends who had all just recently went natural or were transitioning so I had my own little support group and that made my decision that much easier.

and that pretty much sums it up!  I haven't looked back since.

Please share your natural hair reasons/stories below!

No comments:

Post a Comment