Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Product Review NuNAAT Karite Special Line



It's been a while since I took the time to review a line of hair products so I am pretty excited about this review. Over the past week I have been using the brand NuNAAT Karite Special line.

So down to the nitty gritty....

I tried just about the entire Karite Special line which included a Nourishing Shampoo, Reconstructive Conditioner, Leave in Detangler, Hair Mask, and the Anti-Frizz Thermo Active.


Nourishing Shampoo
So with all of my hair regimen I always start with the shampoo.  The Karite Special shampoo was great, my hair usually feels slightly dried out after a good cleansing shampoo (which is why I deep condition a lot).  However, with the Karite shampoo my hair was left feeling very soft and my ringlets (curls) were pretty defined. The actually product felt pretty light and I look for that in a cleansing shampoo.  Let me tell you I was feeling so good about my hair I actually did my first wash and go lol.  In addition to the softness of my hair it also smelled great!

Reconstructive Conditioner
Okay so for me this conditioner proved to be very light.  With water as the conditioners primary ingredient (meaning it's listed first on the bottle).  I have used the conditioner in two ways as an immediate wash out and as a deep conditioner.  I will say I prefer this conditioner as an immediate rinse out.  It left my hair feeling very soft which is usually only something I get after about 15 mins of letting the conditioner sit in my hair.  So overall I did really like it, if your looking for an immediate rinse out conditioner then this would definitely be one to try.

Leave in Detangler
Let me just start with the word GREAT!  First of all I have say that I have been trough my share of leave in detangler/conditioners and it's been a love hate journey. Normally I steer clear of leave in's because my hair is left feeling a little crunchy and like it has way to much product in it.  However I am infatuated with this detangler, my hair was left feeling very soft and was super easy to do my detangling process and I loved it.  This detangler will be one to stick around in my regimen.

Hair Mask
So I ended up using the Hair Mask two different ways.  First I used it as a co-wash conditioner and second I used it as a deep conditioner (I placed a cap over my head and sat under the dryer for about 20 minutes).  Needless to say my hair felt so refreshed after applying the hair mask.  I am really big on my hair not feeling like it is overloaded with product and this is one of those masks that fits right in to my preference for products.  My curls were very defined upon rinsing the mask out and I loved it.

Anti-Frizz Thermo Active
So I really didn't get a chance to use this because I haven't put any heat on my hair (it works as a heat protector in some sense).  However I do plan on blowing my hair out in the next few days so I promise I will do a follow up post and discuss this.


And that pretty much sums it up....Overall I think if you are looking for a line of great products, that will leave your hair feeling soft to touch and moisturized  the Karite Special line would be a great choice.  I know for sure they have earned a new fan (me).  If you have any questions about the products or want to know about my experience further feel free to contact me or leave a comment below.


Now for the really good stuff.....
Just as a heads up I will be posting my next giveaway in a few days and the winner will receive their own collection of the entire Karite Special line so stay tuned!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment