Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Chic: Saidah B.

It's Tuesday!!  This week's Tuesday Chic Spotlight feature rocks her own style and is also naturally glam.  Tuesday Chic:

{Saidah B.}


On Hair...
1)  What is your hair anthem?
Call your Girlfriend by Robyn (lol).  This song is really free, fun, and fresh which I believe describes my hair.

2) What is your favorite hair style to rock?
I love to wear my hair in many styles but I would have to say wearing a two strand twist out and braided up-do's are my favorite.  I love that I can let my hair be free with some style to it.

3) What have you been doing to maintain healthy hair?
To maintain my healthy hair, I was my hair once a week, and I usually do a Bantu Knot or a twist out at night.  I make sure that I use moisturizer and oils every morning.  I also drink lots of water and don't over stimulate my hair.  I DON'T use heat or harsh chemical in my hair.

4)Three words used to describe you hair?
Free, loved, and happy.

5) How long have you been natural and what made you decide to go natural?
I have been natural for about 13 months now.  I decided to go natural, when I realized that I was allowing my hair to consume my life.  I was SICK and tired of being a slave to my hair and the long hours in the salon.  I would spend at least $100 a month my hair to be permed, colored, styled, cut, or weaved.  Once I finally made the decision to go natural, my friends and family did not take me serious, I men they were taking bets on how long it would be before I went back to a relaxer.  But I knew this was the real thing and I wasn't going back.  Honestly, I am glad I didn't because I am soo much more confident now.

6) What is the best part about having textured hair?
The best part is the waves.  I have naturally wavy hair but since I have been natural I have noticed it becoming more curly, as well.

7) What advice would you give someone that is considering going natural?
 I would suggest to really think about it if this is something you want to commit to.  Being natural requires more tenderness and attention to your hair then relaxed.  Being natural means your allowing your own natural hair to grow, curl, and twist as it pleases.  Sometimes it's a lot easier for your hair to get tangles in combs, hair ties, and brushes...however despite of all these things, being natural is wonderful and joyful.  I couldn't have asked for a better experience.


On Fashion and Other Things....

8) Name three things that are always in your purse?
Money, sunscreen, and my makeup bag.

9) What is your favorite fashion trend of 2012?
I love the high-low, pleated shirt, and animal print trends.

10)  What is one beauty product you cannot live without?
I can't live without my oil mixtures, like olive oil, almond oil, and coconut oil mixed together.  I love the way it smells together, it helps sooth my hair from dryness and itching.

That pretty much sums it up!  I can agree about that oil mixture I love it!!!

If you would like to be featured in the Tuesday Chic Spotlight Series please send an e mail to admin@allrelevantthings.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment