Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday Chic Spotlight: LaKesha J.

This week's Tuesday Chic feature is a girl who I absolutely adore! I mean I LOVE her hair and her sense of style and I know you all will to....Tuesday Chic:

{LaKesha J.}


On Hair...

1) What is your favorite hairstyle to rock?
The hairstyle Alicia Keys wore in the "Empire State of Mind" video.  That hairstyle says sexy, sassy, and stylish at the same time.

2) What would you say your "Hair Anthem" was?
Elle Varner "So Fly".  This song says I am perfect the way I am and there is no need to change me, I am fly the way I am!

3)What have you been doing to maintain healthy hair?
I use natural products such as the Shea Moisture line which adds the perfect moisture to my hair I often treat myself to a mix of organic shea butter,coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, tea tree oil and carrot oil to keep my ends from drying out.  I make sure to sleep with a silk or satin bonnet to make sure to lock in that moisture! "Dry hair is not happy hair" - Me LOL

4) Three words to describe your hair?
Thick fun and free!

5) What is the best part about having textured hair?
The diversity that comes along with it.  I mean, having natural hair is becoming very common these days, but I still love the shock from people when they see my hair.  The best part about it is when other races comment and tell me they WISH they had hair like mines because its cool!

6) How long have you been natural and what made you go natural?
I have been natural going on about 4 years now.  I went natural for a multitude of reasons, but the main reason that led to me finally doing it was the free feeling of being true to myself.  I feel as though being natural is a way for me to express myself without using words; my hair says a lot about me and I hope that when people see me or know me they understand that I wasn't always confident with my natural texture when I was growing up, but now I could care less about that.  I believe my hair is beautiful and I love everything about it, definitely wouldn't change it for the world!


On beauty, fashion, and other things...

7) Name one beauty product you cannot live without?
My Bare Minerals Foundation! I've tried it before and there is no other foundation that fits my color and provides the matte finish that makes a sleepy face into a flawless face!

8) What would you say your fashion style was?
It's corky, fun, free, and it matches my hair! lol I try to be as unique as possible only because I hate seeing an outfit I have on someone else, not cool!

9)What are the top three peices in your wardrobe?
My soft navy peg pants trousers, my Michael Kors cream heels, and my gray Armani satchel! Most fashionable and most cherished items!

10) What is your favorite fashion trend for 2012?
Peg trousers and boyfriend fitting blazers

11) Anything else you want to add?
To start my natural journey I had to create reasons on why I should, so my advice to those who want to be natural, but are afraid: Take risks - if you're not risky you're missing out, try it - try something new, explore things of your element.  Be persistent - just because you see someone else's texture or hair don'ts doesn't mean your will be like that so stick it out.  Do your research, if you want to go natural don't let anyone tell you not to!  It is your choice not anyone else's and just because they do not like natural is not a reason for you to try it!

That's pretty much it!  I love those Shea Moisture products too! 

If you would like to be featured in the Tuesday Chic Spotlight series please send an e-mail to admin@allrelevanttthings.com


No comments:

Post a Comment