Thursday, January 26, 2012

Product Review: Green Tea Hair Mask


Okay so one of my New Year's resolutions is to make at least one homemade hair or beauty product each month.  I created this resolution mostly because I just wanted to try new things but I also wanted a chance to provide you all some reviews of these products.  So for January I made a Green Tea Hair Mask.  This hair mask is supposed to stimulate healthy hair growth.  It will especially help if you have thinning hair or hair loss.   

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons of Green Tea - Strong
1 tablespoon of Mustard Powder
1 Egg Yolk

To prepare:
Mix all ingredients until you reach a creamy consistency.  If the substance becomes super thick you can add more green to it. 

To Apply:
Part hair into quads and apply mixture
Cover with cap and leave in for 15-25 minutes
Rinse hair thoroughly
Shampoo and condition as normal

My take:

Overall this mask was nice.  It didn't have the most pleasant smell.  After rinsing there was no noticeable change.  I personally feel this is one that you have to do a number of times over time before you see any real results.  All in all it's nothing that is going to be added to my hair regimen.

Don't be afraid to try it..you might actually like it....and no you don't have to be natural to try it....until next time....

1 comment: