Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Chic Spotlight: Ebony B.

Yay! It's that time of the week again.  This week's Tuesday Chic is Ebony B. coming to us from Chicago!  She has tons of style and is also a natural chica I couldn't wait to post this....



On Hair...

1) What is your favorite hairstyle to rock?
In my shoulder-length days, I love wearing bangs - when they behave anyway! So I'll wear it up, or down, with bangs.  Lately though, I have been missing my short pixie haircute...and I've been inspired by The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to try my hand at wigs.  We'll see if a change-up is in the future.

2) How long have you been natural and what made you go natural?
I can't believe I've been natural for almost 5 years now! Actually, going natural was something I always wanted to try, but I was forced into it by a tragic hair accident! I hadn't had my hair relaxed in months and decided to get microbraids when I first moved to my current city in an effort to prolong the process of finding a new hair stylist. Tip: Don't ever wash your hair without combing it first, after having your hair braided...! My straight hair tangled severely and I had to chop it all off! It’s not a moment I'm proud of but I am proud to be 5 years chemical-free.

3) What is your Hair Anthem? 
Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO

4)  What have you been doing to maintain healthy hair?
I keep it professionally styled because I don't know a thing about hair health maintenance. But I do use natural hair products only, keep color to a minimum (unfortunately), and try not to use too much heat (flat irons).

On Fashion and other things.... 

5) What are the top three pieces in your wardrobe?
 That's tough, because I could give the top three based off my "statement makers" which are pieces I've probably only worn once, or, off my "go-to's" which are pieces I wear all the time in different ways...First I would say my slouchy sweater from Arden B is definitely a go-to. I ALWAYS get compliments. Next, it's what I call my "Vegas Dress", purchased from one of my fav stores: BeBe.  Last, I have so many jackets/blazers that I love.. do I have to choose 1?

6) Name one beauty product you cannot live without?
 I imagined it would be something other than this, but I can't justify anything else. My Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. It's the only product that I use every day, and the only cleanser that I've ever used that consistently cleans my face and reduces breakouts (I can count the # of bumps I've had in the 2 yr period that I've used this cleanser on one hand), doesn't break me out or stop working after long-time use, and does everything that it says it does. The mask is excellent.

7) Favorite Bag and Shoes?
 Bag: Kors- Can I just say I L.O.V.E. Kors?, and of course, Louis Vuitton; Shoes: Vince Camuto is my current fav, Carlos Santana

8)  What would you say your fashion style was?
Some of my fav Vince C.
 I would say feminine classic by day & feminine flirty by night. I'm slowly incorporating my sense of style into my daytime routine, by trying to incorporate more feminine pieces into my work/professional attire. But really I prefer to embrace my womanhood with what I wear. I'm typically attracted to romantic articles of clothing (pastels, florals, intricate details, flowy fabrics). I like to flirt with my clothing - I love skirts & dresses, shorts & rompers, tunics. I love cigarette jeans and blouses, crop tops. I wear heels more days than not. I also LOVE structure - dresses and tops, skirts, jackets that hold form, such as on the shoulders, and the use of lines to accentuate the body's silhouette.

And that sum's it all up... Tuesday Chic Ebony B!

If you are interested in being featured in the Tuesday Chic Series please send an e mail to admin@allrelevantthings.com....

No comments:

Post a Comment