Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tutorial: Easy Updo Bun!

In the spirit of protective styling I thought I would do a picture tutorial of an easy protective updo.  This week I have been prepping my hair for the Senegalese twists I intend on getting this Saturday.  I have been conditioning my hair just about every other day and keeping in moisturized.  I didn't want to play in it much so I have been keeping it in this bun.  So if your interested in trying this out then see the picture tutorial below...
Finished Look!


Here is the supplies you will need:
1 Packs of Marley Braiding Hair (your color preference, for this look I have used 1/2 of  2 and 1/2 of a 1B 30 mix I think)
1 Brush
Eco Styling Gel  (to help smooth your hair into the ponytail)
10-15 Hair Pins (various sizes)
Hair Band
Comb (if you are de-tangling hair)
Scarf and an optional Hair Accessory
 
Step 1:
Using your brush and Eco Styling Gel, brush hair in an upward motion for form a sleek looking ponytail at the top of your head. (Please note I did this on wet hair, your hair does not have to be wet in order to do this style)


Step 2 (only if your hair is wet, if dry proceed to step 3):
Once you have your hair in the ponytail, take scarf and wrap around head to keep hair in place and sleep as normal.


Step 3:  Once hair is in a ponytail, take Marley Braiding hair and create two separate bundles.  Take the first bundle and wrap around ponytail from the front, securing with pins as you go.


Step 4: Once you have wrapped the first bundle around the front of your ponytail, cross the back ends of the remaining hair secure with pins, next bring any remaining hair back to the front and tuck under the bun you have started to create, secure with pins.

Step 5: Take the second bundle of Marley hair and wrap around bun from back to front. Follow previous steps and wrap and pin ( you can cross the hair again here if you like).  Continue tucking and pinning until no ends are sticking out and you have secured bun to your liking.  Please note here you and use hands to manipulate the roundness of the bun you desire.

Step 6: Make sure bun completely covers your hair and is secure, if you want you can take a brush and smooth your edges in the event that installing the bun made your ponytail a little frizzy.  Add a hair accessory and your done!



Again this is something I thought would be helpful since I have been coasting a long this week with little maintenance to my hair so I hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. You know, i tried this hair once before but it didnt match my actual hair texture at all. It didnt look natural on me :( So now I have like two bags with no home.

    ReplyDelete