Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday Chic Spotlight: Heather W.

It's Tuesday so you know what time it is....I soo adore this week's spotlight I love her style and I really love her hair!  Tuesday Chic:

{Heather W.}

On Hair....

1) What is your favorite hairstyle to rock?
It really depends on my mood and the occasion, but my go-to style is a fresh blowout, flat ironed ans parted in the middle.  Looks the best with a fresh trim.  If I'm feeling "curly", my favorite style is a twist out.

2) How long have you been natural and what made you go natural?
I've been natural (no relaxer) since 2002.  My hair is fine, and I noticed that I never really liked it until my relaxer was about a month old; it was so flat! I was in college and it made sense at the time.  Fortunately, I was able to find a local stylist who pressed and trimmed my hair inexpensively.  That helped me avoid doing a big chop.

3) What are three words to describe your hair?
Versatile, colorful, and mine.

4) What is the best part about having textured hair?
 The best part about having textured hair is the versatility it offers.  I'm able to rock a variety of natural styles (Thank God for YouTube tutorials!), but still have it straightened when I want.  Textured hair can convey spice and personality as well, so one can really feel themselves based on hairstyle.  That said it's ultimately the hair God gave me, so it's nice to be able to embrace my natural texture as well.
 
 5) What is the most unexpected thing you've experienced with you hair since going natural?
That it's gone from fine to full and had grown a lot!  Being natural wasn't as trendy in 2002 as it is today, so I couldn't have anticipated it (my hair) being the conversation piece it sometimes is.  I've also influenced several friends and my mom to go natural, which is cool.





On fashion and other things...

6) What would you say your fashion style was?
 Depends on the day, but overall glam mixed with trends interspersed into my basics with a bit of vintage from time to time.  I'm Carrie, Miranda, Samantha, and Charlotte mixed in one, skewing more heavily towards Carrie and Samantha.

7) Name three things that are always in your purse?
Lip gloss, a pair of shades, and earrings.

8) Name on beauty product you cannot live without?  Why?
Hmm, that's tough but I'll say I couldn't live without my Bare Minerals foundation.  It evens out my complexion and provides protection from the sun.

9) What are the top three pieces in your wardrobe?
Currently, my top three pieces are my Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 handbag (it's a classic), black ankle length leggings (because I can wear them with almost any top), and my indigo skinny jeans (while trendy, they are fun and flirty and can be dressed up or down).  I purchased my first full-length mink over the summer, but I have only been able to wear it twice; it hasn't been cold enough!

And there you have it! Heather is stylish and inspiring!  She has one thing right this winter was mild.

If you are interested in being featured in the Tuesday Chic Spotlight series please send an e-mail to admin@allrelevantthings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment