Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday Chic Spotlight: Krystle C.

This week's Tuesday Chic is truly inspirational.  From designing clothes (I still have a skirt she created while we were in undergrad) to being a true inspiration to any natural (or anyone with hair lol).  I was so excited to feature her this week....Tuesday Chic:

{Krystle C.}

On Hair...

1) What is your favorite hairstyle to rock?
 My all time go to favorite is my wash n go.  It's like the the easiest, self-expressive, non-manipulated, carefree, unpredictable hairstyle you can ever have.  I have had long curls, traded them in for short ringlets, I straighten on occasions (maybe twice a year), buns etc.  At the end of the day, you can never go wrong with your wash n go.  I get so many people wanting to touch it or asking what products I use and my regiment.  My Fiance LOVES my wash n go, and his vote matters the most.

2) What is your hair "anthem"?
I don't really have a hair anthem, more like hair idols.  My very first hair idol was Denise from the Cosby's (laugh now). I wanted hair like hers but my grandma quickly relaxed my hair because it was "too thick."  Then, Kelis in her "Out There" video.  I have followed her for years!  I think my natural hair idol is Elle Varner, I love her hair! I think she is my next hair goal.

3) Three words to describe your hair?
Fun...beautiful...me.

4) How long have you been natural and what made you go natural?
I have been natural for a little over five years.  I have always gravitated to curly hair but I hadn't seen my natural hair in so long, I didn't know what it looked like.  My other problem was that I didn't know how to care for it (before blogs and YouTube explosion), so that always kept me from going natural.  What made me go natural was when my mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  Breast Cancer is the one thing that scares me, so I decided I was done.  I cut my hair off with my mother who was going through chemotherapy at the time and never turned back.  Then in 2010, the Breast Cancer returned, I cut it off again with her when she went through chemotherapy and it's finally growing back.  It's currently at shoulder length with shrinkage.

On Fashion and Other Things...

5) What is one fashion trend you wish would stop?
The current fashion trend I wish would die is sagging skinny jeans.  Like really?? The purpose??

6) Name one beauty product you cannot live without? Why?
Leave in conditioner.  My hair couldn't live without it.

7) What are the three top pieces in your wardrobe?
My Banana Republic striped blazer (good for print mixing), black Steve Madden wedges, and any maxi dress (can't go wrong).

8) Name three things that are always in your purse?
Lip gloss, phone, and pen and paper, you never know when you will have the next bright idea.

9) Favorite bag and shoes?
Minnetonka 3 layer fringe boots and this hunter green silver studded purse, it goes with everything without going with everything.

10) Anything else you want to add?
Yes! At the time I am working on a "Blogazine" called  Fashion Society Magazine.  We are trying to focus on real people and real fashion.  We have so many blogs that focus on what celebrities are wearing, but the mainstream takes from the streets an we must remember that.  Unfortunately, we are still fairly new so the website is still under construction but we do have a Facebook page...Fashion Society Magazine "Blogazine" where we post up small tidbits.  And as the weather gets better, I will be able to go people watch and look for fashion inspiration to write about.  If anyone would like any details on how to become a part of it, please contact me at krystleskloset@yahoo.com.  We are always looking for upcoming designers to feature, philanthropic fashion events to attend, people who make their own jewelery, just anything pertaining to fashion by the people.  Be on the lookout for us!

And that pretty much sums it up! Be sure to check out Krystle's page! Until next time....






2 comments:

  1. I was viewing the site and said OMG!!!...that's my lil cousin, Krystle!!! Very nice. Precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystle!! I have always loved her style! When we went to Paris together, she picked up a beautiful skirt, and I quickly stole it from her! Haha! I still get compliments on it to this day! Thanks, gal! ;-)

    -Patrice M.

    ReplyDelete