Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday Chic: Heather J

Hello again!!! It's Tuesday which means its time for the Tuesday Chic series.  The Chic for this week is Heather J she is fashionable and also natural chica so without any more rambling I present Ms. Heather J!

Heather J

1) What would you say your fashion style was? (Bohemian, chic, glam)
Hmmm, I'd say all three of these are a part of my style.  One day I may be rocking a boho look, the next time I could be very chic.  So I can't really narrow it down to one.

2)  What is your favorite fashion trend of 2011?
Platform pumps! I have 3 pairs - Leopard, Nude patent, and Blush pink suede.

3) What are the top three pieces in your wardrobe?
I would have to say any of my scarves, my gold Michael Kors watch, and my Pink Ruffle Steve Madden coat.

On Being Natural....

4) When did you decide to go natural and what made you decide to go?
 I decided to go natural last year...no real rhyme or reason.  I got a sew-in that summer, and after taking it down I decided to not put a relaxer on my hair. I figured I had went that long (3-4 months) let' see how long I can keep this up.  In the interim, I got braids and rod sets.  Finally I could no longer that the 2 different textures, and decided to do the big chop in November 2010.

5) What is your favorite style to rock?
A twist out! It's fun and big :)

Right after BC in Nov 2010
6) What is one product you would be useless without?
I don't have a lot of products because I typically go to the salon - Serenity MYO in St Louis, MO.  I have never had much patience with hair.  However, recently I purchase Virgin Coconut oil for my scalp.  I really like the product, it's not heavy or wet, yet it still leaves my hair feeling hydrated and it doesn't mess up the style (ie: flat twists).

7) What advice would you give to someone that is newly natural?
I would tell them to embrace your natural hair! It's growing put of your scalp...and it's a beautiful thing - no matter the texture or curl pattern.




Want to be featured in the Tuesday Chic spotlight series?  Simply send an e-mail to allthingsrelevant@yahoo.com




No comments:

Post a Comment