Monday, December 12, 2011

Wrap Up: 7 Trends of 2011

With the end of the year approaching I thought it would be good to highlight seven trends from this year.  Some of this I hope will carry on into 2012 while others I hope we can leave behind us.

Some trends from 2011 include (and of course not limited to):

1) Color Blocking- This trendy style is basically tastefully pairing, contrasting, yet complimentary, bold and bright colors together to create a unique look.  I would love to see this roll it's way into 2012.

2) Oxford Heels - These trendy shoes provide a  menswear look with a feminine twist that is takes you back to days of your childhood.

3) Half Moon Nails - Paint the bottom or paint the top whichever way this trend gave nails a little umph this year.

4) Red Heads - From Rhianna to Blake Lively (CW's Gossip Girl) red was definitely the color to be seen in this year

5) Feathers - Oh boy what I can I say feathers in your ears, your hair, on you neck any where a feather could go you pretty much saw it this year....I will say this is one trend I would like to leave behind when the new year rolls in.

6) Color Denim -   Back from the 90's they say this trend made color blocking so easy!  Pairing a cute pair of red jeans with a mustard top and leopard print heels was definitely a favorite for me this year.

7)  Dressing Boyish - In my opinion Janelle Monae set the tone for this since her public debut in 2007/2008 but the runways ripped with different variations of this look this year.

That pretty much sums this list up.  Now I would not go as far to say that this list in inclusive but I found them to be some of the heavy hitters.  Think I missed any?  Comment below on some of your favorite trends from 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment