Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Creating A Hair Care Regimen



Now...this is something that should apply regardless if you are natural or relaxed.  I thought it would be helpful to share what should go into a Regimen and what I am currently doing....

First let's define regimen - A regulated course, as of diet, exercise, or manner of living, intended to preserve or restore health or attain some result.

Why have a regimen- Well most of us want healthy hair, and even more of us want length.  In order for your hair to grow you have to feed it and keep it healthy and establishing a regimen will help with this.

Now to what should be included in a regimen

Pre-Poo (The Pre Shampoo Treatment)
This is the stage where one can use some sort of oil from root to tip cover with plastic cap for at least five minutes. (Done twice a month)

Co-Wash (Using conditioner in place of shampoo so this would not need to be done when you are shampooing, this is a great alternative for those who do not want to shampoo their hair every week)
At this point you would apply the conditioner to your pre-pooed hair (it's recommended that you do not rinse pre poo out first).

Shampoo - pretty self explanatory....however be sure to massage your scalp while shampooing I am told this helps stimulate growth.

Style  as normal....


My Regimen....

I do this every two weeks and in between I replace shampooing with co-washing  with Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Conditioner (so I am treating my hair in some way every week)

Pre Poo - I used Beautiful Curlz Oil, I put oil from root to tip and apply a plastic cap, I let oil sit in my hair for about 30 minutes, sometimes I sit under the hair dryer.

Shampoo - I usually use Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Shampoo but sometimes I switch it out for Shea Moisture conditioner.

Deep Condition - Here I use my Aubrey Organtics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner .  I separate my hair into sections and apply to my hair doing a chunky twist as I go.  I usually leave the conditioner in my hair for 30-45 placing a plastic cap over my head and sitting under the dryer.

Style as usual.

There you have it! I hope this was helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment