Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday Chic Spotlight: Makiya D.

It's Tuesday so you know what time it is!!!!  I am sooo excited for this week's Tuesday Chic she has soo much style I mean she is like my hair muse...I remember talking with her when I first considered going natural. 

Makiya D.

On Hair...
 
1) What is your favorite hairstyle to rock?
I like to wear my hair big and curly, the bigger the better!

2) What have you been doing to maintain healthy hair?
I try to keep my hair moisturized and deep conditioned and making sure I take my vitamins and drink lots of water so that my hair is healthy inside and out.

3) What hair product can you not live without?
Mango Oil and Cupuacu butter they both really help define my coils and make them really soft.

4) What are three words that describe you hair?
Fun, Fun, Fun!

5) When did you decide to go natural?
My senior year in high school.  One day my aunt (who was my beautician at the time) said I should go natural.  I was always the type of girl to try almost anything with my hair without fear so I went for it and never looked back.

6) What advice would you give to someone who is newly natural?
Hang in there, the first year is the hardest.  If you can make it past the first year you can continue the natural hair journey.




On fashion and other things....

7) What are three things that are always in your purse?
Lip gloss, cell phone, and debit card.

8) What is your current favorite bag and shoes?
My current favorite bag is my Tory Burch clutch which also doubles as a shoulder bag, my favorite shoes are my Vince Camuto black and metallic silver platforms.

9) What do you predict will be a huge fashion trend in 2012?
Metallic and sequin basics, color blocking, bold prints, and short suits.

10) What are the three top pieces in your wardrobe?
My makeup (yes I consider this a part of my wardrobe it's the icing on the cake), my tuxedo blazer, and skinny jeans.



Well there you have it.....and shoutout to Makiya on the Vince Camuto's I LOVE them! Until next time!

If you would like to be featured in the Tuesday Chic spotlight please send an e-mail to admin@allrelevantthings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment