Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hair Check: Multiple Curl Patterns!


As a fairly new natural I know one of my BIGGEST issues is that my curls are different in certain parts of my head.  For example the curls on the left part of my head have more definition than the curls on the right (I feel as sometimes the right side of my head looks like a straight up picked Afro..so not cool when the other half looks like springy coils).  So I just wanted to provide some tips for coping/manipulating your curls....

1) Stick to twist-outs, braid outs, and bantu-knots, these will give your hair a "forced" coil as I like to call it.  These style really help with defining your curls....

2)  Figure out which products work best on each side of your hair....I know this seems like a lot but I will be helpful in the end.  One side of your hair may be more dry than the other and may require an oil based product, while the other may do just fine with a water based moisturizer.





3) If you only have a small section of hair that is different you could finger coil those parts to coax them to take the same (or similar) form as the rest of your head. (please note this could take some time)

4) Try a "funky" hair style - get some of your hair braided and do a blow out (or twist out on the rest).


I find these things helpful....hopefully you do to...until  next time

No comments:

Post a Comment